Makita 40V Max Paddle Switch Angle Grinder (AWS Compatible) (tool only) GA029GZ
This tool is _AWS Compatible_. It is not supplied with the Wireless unit
Makita's Auto-start Wireless System (AWS) has modernised on-demand dust
extraction to meet the needs of cordless power tool users. AWS allows you to
work with maximum efficiency, without the hazard of dust & leads. Featuring
our legendary cordless technology, the AWS range has the power, speed &
runtime to keep you ahead of the game.
Attach your DVC864 Dust extraction vacuum to your AWS tool and activate your
dust extraction vacuum with your tool's power button.
* Paddle Switch Design GA029G features the deadman paddle slide switch design. While the grip circumference has been reduced for more comfortable handling.
* Active Feedback Sensing Technology (AFT) sensors shut down the tool in the event of a kickback providing user protection. If the wheel rotation is suddenly forced to stop such as the wheel jamming the motor automatically shuts down.
* Tool less Wheel Cover allows for fast and easy adjustment and installation / removal of wheel cover, for swapping to optional cutting or dust collection guards.
* High Power Output the high power 40Vmax XGT Li Ion battery allows for continuous operation in heavy duty applications. Maximum power output is 40% higher than the 18V equivalent.
* Variable Speed Dial features a variable speed dial which allows for selection between 3,000-8,500 rpm, allowing the user to optimise the tool's performance for the application at hand
* High Durability advanced protection against heat and dust ensure the tool can run for longer in heavy duty applications without overheating. Whiles improvements have also been made to bearing and switch components to ensure long term durability
* Electric Brake maximizes productivity and user safety by rapidly slowing the wheel rotation after the switch has been released.
* Soft Start / Anti Restart wheel starts slowly then rapidly accelerates to maximum speed to reduce the initial start up shock. Anti restart restricts the tool from starting if the trigger is depressed when a battery is installed.
* Auto Start Wireless System (AWS)* compatible with AWS the rotary hammer can be paired with a compatible vacuum for on demand dust extraction. AWS uses Bluetooth to wirelessly power on and off the extraction unit using the tools trigger.
Voltage| 40V Max
Wheel Diameter| 125 mm (5")
Switch Type| Paddle Switch
Electric Brake| Yes
AWS Compatible| Yes
No load speed| 3,000-8,500 rpm
Length| 425 mm
Weight| 2.3 kg
Side Handle, Grinding Wheel, Lock Nut Wrench